2017 Holiday Project
Children in the foster care system face trials and tribulations that most of us cannot fathom. For many of these children, the holidays are not necessarily cheerful. Norfolk Friends of Foster Care is asking you to help bring a little hope and joy to the foster children we serve throughout Hampton Roads this holiday season by granting their holiday wishes!
How it works:
- Contact Norfolk Friends of Foster Care at Holiday@NorfolkFFC.org or (757) 227-4187 to get a foster child’s gift wish list – Child’s name, age, and 2 to 3 items they would hope to receive this holiday season.
- Go shopping for gifts of a total value of approximately $65. New items only, and please identify on the wish list the gifts purchased.
- Bag and tag the gifts and contact us for pickup, or deliver gifts to NFFC at 999 Waterside Dr. Suite 430, Norfolk, VA 23510, with the wish list clipped to the gift, by December 8, 2017.
- Pick a child’s profile (age and gender) that speaks to you; shop with your loved one
- Look for sales to stretch your funds as far as they will go
- Bag everything together with a note from your family to the child
- If you finish early and had fun, get another child’s wish list and repeat!
As always, we thank you for your support of Norfolk Friends of Foster Care and your dedication to making this holiday season great for every child.